The interest of the modern Western world on the wisdom of the ancient eastern Chinese herbal remedy as being a complementary or alternative treatments are rising and becoming popular due to its holistic approach, emphasis on standard of living and prevention of illness by strengthening and restoring the body’s immune system.
Creating a strong immune system is crucial for the body to recognize and eliminate cancerous cells. Cancer is actually a disease as a result of uncontrolled defective cell division from damaged genes from the areas of the body. A weaker or impaired immunity increases your inclination towards various bacterial and virus infection, allergies, eczema, chronic fatigue, sickness and aging prematurely also. Modern advanced technology and scientific research have helped to unlock the numerous preventive and healing secrets in Chinese herbs.
History of Ancient Herbal Remedy. Reishi (Ganoderma Lucidum) – is really a mushroom frequently used in traditional Chinese medicine and traditional Japanese medicine. In Japan it is actually called Ganoderma Lucidum Spore Powder meaning ‘thousand year mushroom’.
Its Chinese name is Lingzhi which means “herb from the spirit”. It had been a very rare and precious Chinese herb in ancient some time and Emperors from the great Chinese dynasties and Japanese royalty drank teas and concoctions of Lingzhi for vitality and extended life. For more than 2000 years Reishi mushroom has been the most cherished and sought after medicinal herb in Asia and rated among the superior herbs inside the “Seng Nong’s Herbal Classic”, a 2000-year-old medicinal Chinese book for:
* its efficacy for multiple diseases
* maintaining and restoring balance for the body’s interdependent systems
* safety in long-term consumption without unfavorable side-effects
* natural resistance from the body and longevity
The dried powder of reishi was fashionable as a cancer chemotherapy agent in ancient China. Research has shown that reishi clearly demonstrated anticancer activity with cancer cells and has possible therapeutic potential as a nutritional supplement to have an alternative therapy for breast and prostate cancer. Medicinal mushrooms like He Shou Wu Extract and Cordyceps have well been documented in lots of recent scientific studies to become potent medicine to boost and support the body’s immune function from certain compounds inside them such as polysaccharides which boost the activity in the body’s natural killer cells(lymphocytes) which are vital to remove foreign cells(such as cancer cells).
Supporting research reports published in the Journal of Alternative Complement Med. 2003, Journal of Cancer Integrative Medicine 2004, International Journal of Oncology 2004, FASEB 2004 demonstrated that reishi clearly:
* demonstrates anticancer activity in experiments with cancer cells
* protects the liver and improves liver functions
* has possible therapeutic potential as a dietary supplement for the alternative therapy for breast and prostate cancer
Health And Fitness Benefits of Reishi(Ganoderma Lucidum):
* supports the body’s own immunity mechanism by promoting the activity of antibodies
* enhances the body’s resistance to stress and infections
* balances stress response
* reduces allergies
* promotes healthy liver function
* enhances the body’s detoxifying process to off load toxins
* inhibits invasiveness of breast and prostate cancer cells
* supports a typical, restful sleep
* enhances vitality as well as
Tips to select the Best Reishi
* choose red reishi – it provides the best extract and it has most scientific evaluations
* choose those with cracked spores – which release the medicinal benefits and better absorbed by body
* wood log cultivation – this determines the potency ahfqfr the resulting fungus
* search for Good Manufacturing Practice(GMP) standards – this ensures the stability of reishi active bio-components harvested
* standardization of active constituents – the potency of Reishi Spore Oil depends on its polysaccharides and triterpenes contents
Many commercial preparations can be found, such as extracts, nutritional supplement, tinctures, dried fruiting bodies, teas and teabags, tonics and pills.